It would be cheaper to fly to Spain, get a hip replacement, live there for two years, get a second hip replacement, and fly home than it would be to get one hip replaced in the United States.
it’s called medical tourism and I’ve been thinking about traveling to another country to have my teeth worked on that’s what.
I like that you get a free bull-related hip injury. Now that is service! :P
The powerful ending to Janelle Monae’s (and Erykah Badu’s) song “Q.U.E.E.N.” The acronym: Queer. Untouchables. Emigrants. Excommunicated. Negroid.
UNABLE TO NOT REBLOG
NEED TO REBLOG
The Incredible Attention Span of Severus Snape…
dude you’ve been “teaching” there since you were 21
and you just now noticed
Dumbledore’s magnificent double agent ladies and gentlemen
So you’re in bed. You’re snug. You’re cosy. You don’t want to get out ever! But here’s 9 yoga poses to help your sleepy self get up.
1. Savasana- just chill for a bit and breath deeply and enjoy that sun streaming in
2. Cobra- stretch that back like the crazy cat you are
3. Extended child’s pose- now stretch your back the other way. Your covers come off too. Magic!
4. Camel pose- now sit on your knees and throw your arms back to your toes like some sort of shawshank redemption prison break.
5. Forward bend- now stand up on those sexy pins and try not to fall off the bed
6. Pigeon pose- almost there. Are you smiling yet? You should be you sexy minx bird of paradise
7. Seated forward fold- touch your toes! Wiggle them and giggle at your cuteness
8. Kneeling side plank variation- stretch that delish body of yours and try not to blind yourself at how radiant you are
9. Meditation- don’t think just yet. Just enjoy that beautiful stillness
Now step off that cosy bed of yours and sashay the fuck out of bed. Namaste.
This is actually perfect.
Is that paper
is that fucking paper
In case you were wondering why I didn’t like companies that ran like/vote based cosplay contests, this is why. The above is it.
do not give a fuck
or the cosplay community.
They care about money.
This is specifically why I only entered into Otaku House once, why I barely vote for these contests, and why I don’t participate in like/based contests anymore.
The idea is this:
- Post a cosplay contest that gives away awesome prizes cosplayers of novice level could really use
- People will participate simply because the extra publicity draws more attention to their own pages (And there is nothing wrong with wanting to be popular in cosplay, and I’m leaving that part of the conversation at that.)
- People will share their image or their post in order to garter more likes. Their friends, their family, their followers, random strangers, ect.
- Their friends will share the post in order to garter more likes. Their friends, their family, their followers, random strangers, ect.
- A like is a nice boost to a facebook page’s social score
- A visit to a page to vote is a great boost to search scores
- A share is a great boost to a facebook page’s social score
- A post about a website on your social media account is a great boost to search scores
- Look, you essentially just got free advertising by promising these starlit cosplayers free shit
- Their ranking and their sales go up, and they profit, for free
- You did all the work for them
If you think this is abnormal on facebook? It’s not. Thousands of scammers post bogus pages in which they use fake contests and shares like ‘we have free macbooks!’ ‘vote for this thing!’ in order to rack up likes, and then sell the Facebook page to someone looking to start up with quick followers.
When I ran the Cosplay Shinkou cosplay contest initially at it’s startup, I had to fight tooth and nail to have it judged like a normal contest because I didn’t want the company to look like these sort of asshats. Constantly I was being pressured to turn the contest into a like contest so more people would visit our page and get likes out of it. To make sure the most popular who can get our page the most attention wins. That only popular people get on the cover so that their fans buy our magazine. From the CEO’s point of view, it had fucking nothing to do with the cosplayers, just making money.
And that, ladies and gentleman, is the problem with businesses getting our attention as cosplayers. We’re easily abused with our dream of fame and free stuff and having our cosplay recognized in order to stir the social pot and bring back the attention to them. That is why they don’t care if they offend us with something stupid like the above, because we’ve already proven to them that no matter what, they’ll get abagillion contestants anyway wanting to win.
So if you really want to support a cosplayer?
- Like their page and follow their stuff
- Support them by leaving them nice commentary on their cosplays about what you liked about them or how good they look as that character
- Share that person to your friends and family directly
- A like is just a button click, and you should remember this
Don’t support a company that will give a fuck you to types of cosplayers that shame them and are unapologetic about them.
Go team house on fire.
This is seriously cool. It’s a great little run-down of FFVII’s story about Jenova, and you can tour the ShinRa mansion in Nibelheim. Also has several cute galleries with Vincent Valentine.
Thanks for finding this!
This is fantastic. It pulls all the canon from different games together in a way that is both easy to navigate and fun to play with, and t’s well-written too.
Anonymous asked: I understand trying to make comics female friendly, but aren't you guys worried that you're going to lose your core audience which is male? In the X-books you've had more focus on the likes on these females like jean and kitty while it should be Cyclops who has been the star of the X-Men comics for years. What warrants these characters more page time than him? Jean and kitty are secondary characters. You guys listen too much to women bitching. They cause so much freakin drama in comicdom.
Wow. you are the first person who I am kind of glad asked your question anonymously because I don’t want to know you.
as a reader of my work I want you to listen to me very carefully: you have major major issues. almost every line of your question reeks of complete misunderstanding of yourself as a man and of women in general.
it’s okay to find yourself more interested in something than others, of course it is, it’s okay to like Cyclops more than Jean Grey, but for you to draw the line at women characters not being interesting to you because you are a man or that you think I am being manipulated by some bitching women is really out there.
and as a reader of the X-Men whose entire philosophy is about tolerance and understanding… you are missing the point.
PREACH ON my babies.
Those who say the Black Widow’s fighting style is just movie bullshit can see the above. ^ Shit is terrifyingly real.
I think I’m in love.
She’s so tiny.
But she could kill me.
I will reblog this flying head scissors every time it comes on my dash because it’s so fucking awesome.
Page 1 of 1709